Thursday, January 15, 2009

SU Leadership Conference in Orlando

Stampin! Up' Leadership conference is a big gathering of all the company leaders, a training and recognition event for those demonstrators who are looking to build their businesses even further. This year we met in Orlando for 3 excellent days. I was invited to be a presenter for one of the classes this year, which was both exciting and nerve-wracking. I am happy to report that my class went well and Leadership really was wonderful.


IMG_8536


Arriving in Sunny Florida!!!


Yes I think this was a well-timed getaway, it has been very cold and snowy at home for a while. In Florida it was beautiful and lush, plus at check-in for Leadership they gave all of us this CUTE new bag, with sleeves on both sides for photos, all trimmed with patent leather. *sigh* this is the life!!



Here is a pic of our little group! Actually this is just the closest thing we got...Deborah was off swapping! Please note the nice lunch served at tables with linens and glassware.


IMG_8424


And speaking of swapping...


Here is a two-page 12X12 swap deborah made for a private 12X12 swap. Yet another use for this layout!


Layout


Just one of the many reasons I love Stampin' Up! events:


The thousands and thousands of samples on display!


They are all on display on big black display boards all during the event. I just take pictures of the ideas I think I can use--these are just a few of the samples I loved from the boards.


Samples


Manager's Reception: reason enough to become a Manager and to attend Leadership.


Wow!!! This Year's Manager's reception ROCKED...


Stampin' Up! paid for us to all go to Universal Studios--Island of Adventure! Apparently this is where all the Marvel Comic book characters live. We saw Spiderman, Captain America, Cyclops, Wolverine, the Green Goblin...and who knows who else! The whole park was shut down except for us--When the SU managers arrived we actually followed a red carpet through the park! The place was decorated all SU-style with giant lighted logos and the words "swap!" "crop!" "stamp!" appearing on banners instead of action words like "bam!" "pow!" etc. It was a sight to behold. They had huge buffets of fabulous food lining all the streets and rides open with no lines. My faves were the 3D spiderman ride and THE HULK, a very cool rollercoaster. Before they sent us home, they gave us each a spiderman lunch box with a new stamp set in it, and a note saying:


"You are our Stampin' Up! superhero!"


How sweet is that? I actually got misty-eyed.


Managers reception


Overall, Leadership conference was all it should be. I left inspired, excited, full of new ideas, and re-charged from all the fun girl time and warm weather.


"Imagine the Possibilities!"

No comments:

 

Web Site Hit Counters
Dell TV Coupon Code