Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall 2008 Group Meeting

For the last 5 years or so, I have been doing one big group get-together for my Stampin' Up! downline each year in October. The 2008 get-together was as fun as ever! We held the event in Logan at the Yorkshire clubhouse, and it was a two-day event. About 55 out of my 188 demonstrators were there.


Friday night was filled with 24 make & takes. Everyone made and took home 24 different cards! Here they are, you can see some better than others, sorry!

Saturday starts with check-in, displays and swapping. Here are the swaps--


We also have a contest for the favorite swap--and Candice Anderson's "eat, drink & be scary" card was the winner. Good job Candice!

This year our 'display queens' did a wonderful job showing off some Stampin' Up! craftiness. Thank you to Candice Anderson, Stephanie Johnson and Deborah Larsen for the fabulous displays.

Our theme this year was "celebrate 2008", we celebrated SU's 20-year anniversary with cake and balloons.

The get-together also happened to be on October 11, Shelli Gardner's birthday. So Mandy Erickson made a giant SU-style birthday card for her and everyone signed it. Each person stamped the card with their fave-ever SU stamp. I gave the card to Shelli a couple days later when I saw her and she was so surprised and excited.

I wish I had a better pic of the card! It was beautiful. And it was poster-size!

All Day Saturday we had activities like business training, awards, demonstrations, project shares, food and much more. Here are a few moments:


Friends hang out for some girl time!
Cute projects to see


Janice shares her wisdom with a business tip about sales


Everyone made and took home a set of 12 X 12 calendar pages

The whole event is a ton of work--for me and others--but so very worth it. I just love being together with all the "Queens of the Stamp Age." At the end of the get-together everyone surprised me with flowers, and I was so touched! My emotions got to me a little bit, it just meant so much to me! Another great group get-together has gone down in history.

2 comments:

Sheena said...

What some darling projects. I do have to say i miss the get togethers and all the great friends you make as a demonstrator.
What a sweet surprise they had for you.

Jen K. said...

Oh how I so wish I could have been there!! Looks like a lot of fun!

 

Web Site Hit Counters
Dell TV Coupon Code