Have you ever boiled 10 dozen eggs all at once? Well, here is what it looks like....all my windows steamed up!
Dyeing easter eggs is quite the event in our family. While I do enjoy it completely, I must give my mom credit for this little obsession. She buys the gear and comes over, we are all just along for the ride! This is Lily Jane and my sister (Chantia) doing some good work. We didn't even spill any cups of dye this year...
Drew gets into the coloring process...
Jack just peeled and ate his egg. What else are eggs for, to a 1-year-old who loves all food!
Of course, coloring the eggs is only stage 1. Long after the kids were asleep we girls (Chantia, mom, and I) could be found decorating the eggs with a complex combination of glue dots, sticky strip, glitter, rub-ons and crystal effects.
Here is a sample of our finished products. We were very proud. Then we hid them, broke them, made some deviled eggs and threw the rest away the very next day. We will outdo ourselves again next year! Thanks, mom, for making this a fun family tradition. I love you!
3 comments:
I can't believe how grown up the kids look! It is so fun to see pictures since we don't live so close any more! I am so excited you have entered the blogging world! Yay!
those are some gorgeous easter eggs!!! the kids are pretty cute as well! just in case you forgot, my blog is www.brandonamesfamily.blogspot.com
I think these are the best eggs I have ever seen. Its nice to see how the kids have grown up. ~Laurel
Post a Comment