Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Swim Party!

My Uncle Courtney & Aunt Paula bought one of those 4-foot above-ground pools from Sam's Club this summer, and it is AWESOME! We were lucky enough to be invited over to go swimming last time we were in Logan (Thanks guys!) and we had a great time. I have no idea why I did not take pics of Paula & Courtney (next time!!!) ...but here are the rest of us enjoying the pool and a picnic!
I actually ran to TJ Maxx to buy a swimsuit for Jack. This wicked-awesome skull and crossbones set was clearanced for $3!The water "noodles" provide a lot of enjoyment...for a piece of foam. Drew spent a lot of time perfecting his water-spraying technique.
He also climbed the ladder to the pool and dove off of it repeatedly. The next week at swim lessons, he dove off the diving board for the first time! He said he was not scared because he practiced so much at Paula & Courtney's! What a guy!

Lily Jane tried to be brave, but 4 feet of water might as well be 40 to her!

Confucius say: If you can't touch the bottom, you can't touch the bottom.

Now I know I am brave...or crazy! MMMMM...watermelon! I think Jack ate 3 or 4 pieces!
(Please note the juicy trail running down to his elbow)

"So, I wonder what would happen if we tossed our dogs in the pool...?"
...Instinctive swimmers! Cool! Above is our dog, Pogi. Below is Courtney's dog, Cosmo. They are not related. But my fam does kind of have a thing for Boston Terriers. Aren't they cute?

8 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like fun. I love the swimming dogs. Allie's dress is from Kohl's. It was only $11.

Anonymous said...

Those kids are so cute!!! I love the pics of pogi and Cosmo swimming they are so completely cute. You would be a lot more brave posting pics of yourself in your swimming suit if you could even tell you were wearing it. :P Love you guys!

-Tia

Hans and Laurel said...

I love pool party time. My kids would live in swimsuits if possible. The kids looked really cute...yummy watermellon

Sherri said...

Don't you just love going swimming with the kids? I will miss that as summer is winding down. But how excited am I that school starts today!! Yipee! Cute pics!

Lacey said...

Cute fam and what a fun party? I want to go swimming now!

Jen K. said...

Those kids are growing like weeds! Hey I found your link on jill kirks blog and her link on a friend of my friend Angie that I though I knew, confusing I know but how wierd... it's a small world! So now I am linking yours to mine and we can keep in touch better!

A Erickson said...

Fun Fun Fun! We still haven't BBQed! Eek! We'll have to get on that! Thanks for all the one on one this past week! Everything seems to be going well..I'll update you soon!

CoreyKrisAnnAubreySienna said...

Cute pictures! Your kids are getting so big. It has been a while since we saw you guys. I'm so glad you found our blog. I'm glad we can see what you guys are up to these days. Looks like you're having fun! That's great!

 

Web Site Hit Counters
Dell TV Coupon Code