Sunday, August 17, 2008

Escape Attempts

The other day I heard a strange cry from Jack...kind of a frustrated wail. I came to check out the situation and this is what I found.
He was actually crying but he was so confused when I got the camera, all he could do was frown at me.
"Mom, this hardly seems to be the appropriate time for a picture. I could use some HELP here?"
He had wedged his chunky tummy under the rail, in an attempt to get down the stairs. Ahhh, the dreaded stairs. There are 15 of them, with a nice unfinished cement floor at the bottom. So we put up a gate there (which BTW has totally ruined my paint) and the big kids climb over it all the time, since the playroom is downstairs.
Jack hasn't managed the ACTUALLY climb over it yet...but I am sure he will soon.
Just for the record I have tried to teach him how to go down the stairs safely...on his tummy, like any baby would.
But nooooo, not Jack. He is crazy reckless, forward facing, half the time standing, and I just know when I am not looking he will tumble down and I will hear the sickening crack of skull on concrete.
This is the stuff of my nightmares if you can't tell.
So we do the gate thing and Jack is confined to his ecape attempts...for now!
On another note...
Check out the Cool Kids!
We were in Logan recently and the big kids wanted to eat breakfast on Grandma's deck. After being blinded by the morning sun, they came in to see if they could borrow some sunglasses.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I am laughing at this post and pic! It is good you thought to get your camera out! I need to do that more in those funny/crazy situations! His face does look a little confused at why he is getting his picture taken! I have to sometimes get my fence out too to keep little Ella in or out!

A Erickson said...

Ok, so I love your commentary. It is so great. Cute little Jack-so clever and mischievous! Love the escape attempt. Alex is generally good and goes down backwards, but when I'm watching, she'll give me the evil eye and grab the railing like she's going to go down face first just to spite me! Freaks me out!

 

Web Site Hit Counters
Dell TV Coupon Code