Friday night was really something special. Lily Jane had her first Dance Recital! Dance class this year has been really fun. Lily has this kooky Danish lady for her teacher. Her name is Miss Veba, and she is darling. The girls all love her. I love the class because it is very low-key. No big pressure, no competitions, no "modern" pelvic-thrusting dance moves for little girls who are WAY too young, (seen that a million times! Yuck!) just cute, basic ballet. Her class was the 3-year-old class, though she turned 4 while she was in it.
So here she is, all ready and on the way to her recital...
The 1st dance: "Are my Ears on Straight?" (the dolly dance) "....I'm a little doll who has dropped and broken..." Lily, Samantha & Adelaide. There are actually 8 little dancers but I cropped it to be able to see LJ better.
"Tippie-toe turn...."
This is the 2nd dance, the Danish Folk Dance. It is so darling. Lily's partner is a cute little girl named Callie.
Dance #3: "The Duck Dance" "...watch me now and I will do my duck dance just for you...quack, quack!"
"...When I jump my feathers fly, especailly when I jump high!"
#4: "The Purple People Eater"
The Grand Finale, "The Hope of America"
Lily Jane was so proud! My sister even gave her roses. A bunch of family was there to see her--she kept asking everyone if they saw her dance. Later she was listing off the people who came..."mommy, daddy, grandma, grandpa, the Russells, The Lesters..." The Russells and Lesters were actually not there so Joan asked her about that and she said "oh, they were in the back row watching me. I couldn't see them but they saw me." Funny, sweet girl! We love her so much!

"Tippie-toe turn...."
This is the 2nd dance, the Danish Folk Dance. It is so darling. Lily's partner is a cute little girl named Callie.
Dance #3: "The Duck Dance" "...watch me now and I will do my duck dance just for you...quack, quack!"
"...When I jump my feathers fly, especailly when I jump high!"
#4: "The Purple People Eater"
The Grand Finale, "The Hope of America"
Lily Jane was so proud! My sister even gave her roses. A bunch of family was there to see her--she kept asking everyone if they saw her dance. Later she was listing off the people who came..."mommy, daddy, grandma, grandpa, the Russells, The Lesters..." The Russells and Lesters were actually not there so Joan asked her about that and she said "oh, they were in the back row watching me. I couldn't see them but they saw me." Funny, sweet girl! We love her so much!And...just for fun!! Here is a pic of me from my first dance recital.
1982: "Do the Hula"
That's me, Natalie, and Mandy. I am pretty sure. Even though I don't really know these girls and have not seen them since 1982! :)
5 comments:
You are so cute!!!!!! I would never have guessed that picture was you. How fun :)
Lily is adorable too. I can not believe she is that big. HOLY MOLY. How fun to have a little ballerina!!
She is too sweet! I love that you posted some of your cute dancing pictures too! Girls are fun.
Hot hula outfit!!!
how cute is she! i love it!
i am so glad you posted your pics too! that is fun for her to see you doing the same thing that she is!
thanks!
Lily is so darling and picture perfect in her little dance outfit! Love the nostalgic glance back at the end! So cute!
Post a Comment