So, I think most of you know of my love for music--especially rock, though I like most kinds.
I was born and bred on classic rock and hair metal:
(think AC/DC, Def Leppard, The Who, The Doors, Rolling Stones, Scorpions, Boston...)
Then when I got my own music--7th grade or so...I got into lots more hair metal and glam rock:
(the likes of Motley Crue, Poison, Bon Jovi, Slaughter, Metallica....)
In High School/College I expanded on to the newer Alternative Rock, more pop rock, and Punk too:
(The Cure, Depeche Mode, Live, Stone Temple Pilots, The Origin, Bad Religion, Green Day, No Doubt, Belly, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Rage against the Machine, U2, Cake, Dance Hall Crashers, Red Hot Chili Peppers....)
Nowadays I still listen to all of the above, plus many other bands I've discovered and love:
(Killers, Snow Patrol, Letters to Cleo, Ben Folds Five, Fall Out Boy, Kelly Clarkson, The White Stripes, Dashboard Confessional, Jet, Daughtry...so many more)
Though I love all of these and could just keep adding more faves to this list...I must now recognize what I consider to be my favorite 3 bands:
Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
Weezer
And, of course, the best of these (and the only ones who are all alive and making music) is...
Weezer!
Their new album--the 6th one of their career---deemed "the red album" by fans already--is coming out on June 3rd!
Let me just say that I don't totally approve of the hat or moustache but I will also say I love rivers no matter what he does...and of course it is kind of a joke....
Anyway I have heard most of the album already (thank you, internet!) and I have posted links to hear my favorite 3 songs so far here on my blog. They are on the right below my profile and stuff. "Troublemaker" is the best, then "Pork and Beans", then "Everbody Get Dangerous". Listen, enjoy!
...and (this just in!) They world-premired their new video today. A very funny shout out to youtube watchers everywhere--It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend watching it:
Here it is: The "Pork And Beans" Video! Go! Watch! Now! YouTube WORLD PREMIERE!!!
Long live the Weez!
Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
So what bands do you guys like???
5 comments:
what a fun post! thanks!
Ooh, I like this post. We have pretty similar taste in music, though I have to admit I question your love for daughtry...:). Weezer always just makes me smile. It's hard to be grumpy when you listen to them.
Thanks for inviting us last night, it was fun. Lily looked so cute.
Well on the music issue, I think you know most of my favs are the same as your. But here are my top five (today).
-Crosby, Stills, and Nash
-REM
-Sting/The Police
-Barenaked Ladies
-James Taylor
Amen on Weezer...very choice. Gotta love the Bueller reference too!
I love the WEEZ!!!!!
Post a Comment