Wednesday, May 28, 2008

how's this for arts & crafts?

Yay, Memorial weekend was my scrappin' weekend. I have found the only way to get much scrapbooking done is to be able to give a chunk of effort toward it at a time. My aunt Melanie felt the same way. So the scrappin' weekends were born. We have been doing this for several years now, every General Conference Weekend. We scrap, we watch conference, John takes care of kids and cooks. It is really swell. This time we were both on the Bermuda cruise over conference so we had to reschedule the scrapbooking. It worked great, we had the full 3 days, so we even took a break for game night with the family.


So, here's me goin' to town.... Melanie, cropping til she drops.


I worked on Jack's book for the first time! I did 31 pages for him. Here are a couple of examples:

Lily Jane had to get in on the action, too. That is her tiny supply tote on her table. Cute, huh. My sis-in-law Leslie gave me a big one like that for my b-day and it came with a baby too. LJ loves it.

Here is the game night I mentioned...we were up til 3am! We are playing the Great Dalmuti. So fun, good fast moving card game. In this pic John is the greater peon, Melanie is the lesser peon, Me and Randy are merchants, My mom is the lesser Dalmuti and Dylan is the greater Dalmuti. Anyway Dylan never moved all night. He kicked all of our butts.

Had to throw these in, Jack tried corn on the cob for the first time! :)

He likes it! Smart kid.

10 comments:

Sheena said...

First of all i have to tell you that i LOVE your scrapbooking room. 31 pages... that is awesome! Way to go!

Natalie said...

Soooo fun! I am way proud of you! I am jealous of your scrappin room! Sounds like a way fun weekend!

Jennie said...

how fun! i am all about the scrapbook weekends! too bad they can't come more often!

Unknown said...

I am glad that you were so productive! I need to get working on my current book project. Mostly I wanted to say how cute the kids look. Lily looks like a big girl in that picture.

Jill said...

Fun fun! The last time I scrapbooked was in Logan. Ahhhhhhhh!
I love your pages. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Jill said...

Wow! I love your pages. I need to scrapbook, its been too long. I really wish I had that paper and the shelves!! Did John build it? I love that game we used to play it a lot. What a great weekend!

Mortons Love said...

Love the Great Dalmuti. Scott is the one who never moves from the Dalmuti spot, it's quite annoying. We couldn't find the game anywhere a few years ago, but my mom found it on e-bay, the German version. So at our house it's Der Grobe Dalmuti. Wunderbar!

Design With Ink said...

WOW! What fun. I want a weekend dedicated to scrapping! SO much fun and I LOVE your pages that you shared. So cute. Thanks for posting a comment on my blog so I could find yours! :)

A Erickson said...

Way to go with the 31 pages! If only I could be that productive!

Megan said...

Hey Brandi! I love your scrappy room! Your blog is so fun...I can't wait to see you again at convention! :)

 

Web Site Hit Counters
Dell TV Coupon Code