Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weston

I have been catching up on everything that has been going on over the last couple months, the good and bad. A month ago our family lost a precious little boy. My cousin's 20-month old son passed away on April 23. He was happy and playing one day, got sick and was vomiting that night, and just a couple of hours later, he was gone. After an autopsy it was discovered that he had a stenosis on his colon; a narrowed area which eventually closed off the colon and it ruptured. By the time he was throwing up, nothing could have been done to save him. Weston Lee Campbell
This was taken at our family Christmas party in December.
Weston was not too sure what to think about Santa, he accepted the gifts, but warily kept his eyes on the jolly old man. Just look at those big brown eyes! My heart is hurting for Weston's parents, Emily & Jeff--and also for my aunt and uncle, Paula & Courtney. They had Weston with them often, and that's how we got to know him well. He was their only grandbaby. He was just a couple months older than Jack. Ever since this happened, it is like a cloud in the back of my mind. Why did he need to leave earth so soon? Will I have to lose one of my children? How does one go on? The other night I was in Logan for my stamp club and chatted for a while with my friend Kimmie, whose daughter passed away a few years ago. She talked about how she got through...and still is. Anyway my heart broke for her all over again and I cried my eyes out all the way home. Does this seem normal? Because I don't feel normal. I know that our loving Heavenly Father is watching over and taking care of us, and must take his children back to him...but I am still so bothered/haunted/upset by all of this. I am apalled that anyone should have to endure this kind of pain, and I am afraid of losing one of my little family.
Well I am sorry for the "dark" post, but death is hard. We miss and love you Weston! I will do my best to help take care of your family who misses you so much!


3 comments:

Jill said...

That is so sad. I can't believe how terrible that must have been to lose him so suddenly.

Jill said...

Oh, what horrible news. I hate hearing stories like this because it is gut wrenching. I don't understand it all either, but death is part of the plan. Later, or sooner for some. It's just so hard to deal with. I wish them the best of luck in coping with this tragedy. Nothing could be worse.

Hayley said...

That is terrible and I can't imagine what they are going through!

Thanks for the comment btw. It is so fun to see your cute family and what you guys have been up to.

I'll keep checking in!

 

Web Site Hit Counters
Dell TV Coupon Code