What have the Barnards been up to, this first week or so of summer? Well, nothing huge, just a bit of this and a bit of that. Here is an assorted sampler of what we are doing......
Of course, summer walks--this was on the last day of school, it was finally warm enough to walk Drew to school in the morning. Oh and can you guess what I brought the kids from NYC? :) They actually enjoy dressing alike, lucky for this cheesy mom.
John and his dad replaced the double doors on the back of our house. We sure bought ourselves a fixer-upper! To the right you can see the doors we put on the house. Below...you can see the doors we used to have, that came with the house. YUCK! peeling, full of wasps, and complete with a broken window with cardboard on it. Why, you may wonder, did it take us a year and a half to put new doors on? I blame it on the procrastination gods. We let them rule us occasionally....well maybe sometimes....ok fine, often!!!
My cousin Jordan graduated from Taylorsville High School. He is a handsome, awesome kid. We were *happy* to sit thru 504 other graduates in order to see him receive his diploma.
In the pic you see my auntie Melmel, and 3 of her kids: Jordan, Kaylyn, and Sara. What beautiful people! love 'em!
-------------------
The Fire Station Breakfast--a Pleasant Grove tradition.
We kind of have to participate since we live 2 doors down from the station and they start with the sirens and so forth at 6am for this event. They make a lot of noise about every 15 minutes until noon. We had fun checking out the engines and eating a yummy breakfast. 
It was a fun day gone wrong----
The Fire Station Breakfast--a Pleasant Grove tradition.
I got this picture....then about 2 seconds later, some kid sitting inside the fire engine set off the siren. My poor kids about jumped out of their skin. We had to go straight home. Jack did not stop crying and Drew didn't take his hands off his ears until we got home. They are not fans of loud noises, especially the boys. They never have been.
------------------------
In other news, my mom has been in the hospital. Last Wednesday she had a minor surgery, but it did not go well, she got a bad infection, (two actually) and was back in the ER soon after. her infections are under control now and she is stable but they are worried about some large lymph nodes in her abdomen, and are keeping her for more tests and biopsies. AF Hospital is really nice but, still-It has been hard on her to be in there for so long. I hope they let her go home soon!
We brought roses cut from our own garden--they are so pretty! I will have to post more later with pics of all the pretty rosebushes around the house. I think I have 11 of them.
Jack takes grandma for a walk down the hall...
7 comments:
Love the new blog look! I am sorry about your mom. I hope all goes well. That is cute of Jack to go for a walk with her.
Busy weekend! I had to laugh about the sirens going off while they were on the fire truck. I know it's not funny, but it is. I think it would take weeks for Polly to recover from that. She does not get along with fireworks!
Fun to hear some updates! Those doors look like they will be nice instead of wasp infested. nasty!
I hope everything turns out okay with your mom too! Tell her best wishes :)
Fun post. I'm glad you got new doors. :) Isn't it the best to fix things up, when they're done I mean. ;) Hey does stampin up have any digital scrapbooking? Not that I do that, just for the blog you know. I would like to see their new catalog. When does it come out?
It is nice to see what you have been up to. The breakfast sounds like a fun event, until your kids get scared. I'll have to remember that the next time I pose my kids by the firetrucks :) Hope everything with your mom goes okay.
Love the new doors (much better!!) The fire truck incident cracks me up, poor kids!!
I'm sorry to hear about your mom! I hope everything turns out well for her. Give her my blessings...
You have a cute blog Brandi.
Post a Comment