Monday, September 8, 2008

School Kids

I can't believe I have two kids going to school now. I never sent Drew to preschool and I never planned to send Lily Jane, but she has been watching Drew go to school for two years and thinks it is the awesomest, so I had to let her try preschool too. She goes to the Pleasant Grove Rec Center "Funshine Learning School" three times a week. The first day was last week. Her teacher is Miss Holly, LJ loves it, and I must admit...a few hours mostly to myself in the afternoon is a nice change.
Very proud of the new backpack she got to pick out for herself!
Look who lost his two front teeth right before school started! He has such a cute little toothless grin/slight lisp.
Drew is now a bona fide second grader, he has fallen back into the routine of school like summer never happened. He likes his teacher, Mrs. Hansen, and has a lot of old and new friends in his class this year. Drew and Lily Jane both have 22 students in their classes.

John is also enjoying the new school year. He is teaching a bunch of Spanish classes, including concurrent via UVU. He also teaches ESL and a Senior English Lit class (Science Fiction/Fantasy.)

Kaylyn has also started at UVU and she is liking it so far. She was surprised at the huge chunk of change her books cost her, but that's college for you right?

Well I guess that is all for my school update! So glad it's not me!!!

4 comments:

pamela said...

i'm just baffled that drew is that old. how great!

Hans and Laurel said...

I love that LJ is showing off her backpack. Kids love them when they first get them. Gavin is the same way. He takes it everywhere right now. Drew looks so cute.

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

I look forward to getting together with these cute kids soon!!! I am so excited you are in PG. We are looking there too! Actually I don't want to look until we get our house under contract. It is the WORST month of the year to be trying to sell. I just heard tonight that this is when all the realtors go on vacation.

Shauna said...

Cute pictures :) Thanks for sharing!

 

Web Site Hit Counters
Dell TV Coupon Code