We just got back from a long weekend in Yellowstone, we love it there and go every few years at the least. It was the first time Jack had been there, and he did great! It was the first BIG trip we have taken in my parents' new motor home, which was awesome.
Old Faithful was faithful for us, it was so pretty in the afternoon sun.
Drew and Lily were two peas in a pod, exploring everything. Here they are scoping out Gibbon Falls.
We took a trail (Uncle Tom's) down into the canyon for a nice close-up view of Lower Falls. It is a shorter trail (a mile?), steep, with a lot of stairs. Of course the tricky part was getting back out! A good workout for the family!
on the way down the stairs...to the bottom of the canyon. I thought this was such a great trail/view. We will go there again.
View at the bottom--Drew, Carl, Lily, Kaylyn, Brandi. John came down too, he is taking the picture. My mom is doing better, but not able to walk a lot. Tia stayed behind with her in the motor home.
Here we are waiting for an eruption at the Grand Geyser, in the Upper geyser basin. (It is the tallest predictable geyser in the world!) We always go visit this one. It's our favorite. This time we only had to wait about 5 minutes.
Jack's comment when the eruption started...."wow!" (He is a kid of few words so it was pretty funny!)
We were very lucky with the eruptions, we saw like 5 of the really big ones in one day. It was like they were all waiting for us to come up to them. A very rewarding, well-timed day. We saw Fountain, Grand, Riverside, Daisy, and Old Faithful all in a row. The longest we waited was 10 mintues or so. That was good because the kids are not very entertained by staring at a hole in the ground/pool of water waiting for something to happen.
Drew's favorite part of the trip: "eating camping food." Lily's words on the subject: "I liked the marshmallows." My mom & dad's reply: "we could stay home and do that for free!"...but that's kids for ya, huh. They had such a blast, though.
Another highlight of the trip: visiting Bear world, outside of Rexburg. We saw lots of bears, plus cubs, and a moose, a white elk, and they have a cute petting zoo and mini-amusement park too. 




The huckleberry drop: My kids would only ride if Kaylyn got on too. She was a good sport and rode with all the kiddos.
2 years ago
4 comments:
Hi Brandi,
Love all the pictures. Looks like so much fun in the motorhome. Good to see your family is doing so well.
How fun!!!!! I love the pix. You got close to that bear! Yikes. We are going to go there when we come out in a few weeks too. It's so beautiful!!!!
I love Drew's bday party too. Tanner is totally into scoobydoo lately and I want to do that for his bday in August. Cute idea's!!
I have never been to Yellowstone. It looks very pretty there.
I love Yellowstone. It is one of my favorite places and I am always in awe of the beauty of it.
And I agree with the kids, Marshmellows are way better when you are camping...
Post a Comment